Tribal health care probed amid fears of impropriety
Federal tribal health officials are testing the blood of 21 members of a northern Nevada tribe to be sure they weren’t exposed to HIV or any other bloodborne diseases as part of an investigation into a potential violation of testing protocols at a tribal clinic’s wellness program.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Indian Health Services does not believe any members of the Fort McDermitt Paiute and Shoshone Tribe were exposed to disease last week at the clinic near the Nevada-Oregon line, said Dr. Marie Russell, deputy chief medical officer for the federal agency’s area office in Phoenix.
Only by luck. :-| I do have to wonder what else they’re doing if they would honest to goodness use ONE lancet to stick multiple people. Incompetence is no excuse there. If you don’t know enough not to reuse sharps between people, you should not even be running screenings. That is such a basic thing.
- tuimoc likes this
- saraispollita likes this
- victoriaaandreaa reblogged this from nativeamericannews
- fuck---------off reblogged this from nativeamericannews
- clatterbane reblogged this from nativeamericannews and added:
- yessssssssssssssss likes this
- fleurdelanuit reblogged this from nativeamericannews
- readinglist32 likes this
- nativeamericannews posted this